Vision, Values and Ethos
Stowupland High School Vision
Stowupland High School is an inclusive community school where we enable students to be the very best version of themselves. Our vision is quite simple: Outstanding Progress for All.
- We provide high quality education within a professional learning community where research, reflection and training ensure high quality practice.
- Our school community is a caring, happy and safe environment where expectations, responsibilities and opportunities are clearly understood and readily accepted.
- Our innovative and personalised curriculum secures high standards of achievement and progress.
- Wide-ranging curricular and extra-curricular activities develop the knowledge, skills and character essential for life in the 21st Century.
- We broaden students’ horizons and nurture an understanding and appreciation of the interdependence of individuals, communities and nations.
- We build strong partnerships between school, home and the wider community.
The following values are fundamental to the operation of every civilised community. The local, national and international relevance of these values should be emphasised to students whenever possible.
Rights – everyone in our learning community has rights
Responsibilities – everyone in our learning community has responsibilities
Respect – everyone and everything in our learning community deserves to be treated with respect