At Stowupland catering is provided by Vive from Vertas. As well as lunch, a range of snacks can be purchased at break time.
Meals can be eaten in the Dining Room or in designated places such as the Concourse. School meals will give your child a real appetite for learning and help them achieve their full potential.
Cashless Catering will go ‘live’ at Stowupland from 5 January 2021, enabling parents and carers to top-up their child’s lunch account online via Parentmail and view what items they choose to purchase.
We hope the following FAQs will cover any questions you may have:
Could you Qualify for Free School Meals?
Your child maybe entitled to receive free school meals if you are entitled to receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but not the Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit
Savings for your Family
You could save around £350 per year if your child qualifies for free school meals.
Our School will Receive Extra Funding
For every child registered for a free school meal, the school will receive Government funding to spend on extra resources. This is known as Pupil Premium and is worth £900 per child.
If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also apply for assistance with the cost of school trips, uniform and music tuition.
Please note that if your child is already in receipt of Free School Meals you need not apply again when you join Stowupland; the school will be informed of those who are currently eligible.
Applying for Free School Meals
The quickest way to apply is to complete the on-line form available on Suffolk County Council’s web-site:
Alternatively you can call 0345 606 6067. On receipt of the application, Suffolk County Council will check for entitlement through a secure Electronic Checking System.
You can apply for all your children within the same application. All you require is your National Insurance number, date of birth and surname.