2019/20 Pupil Premium (PP)
Pupil Premium Allocation
There are 194 students in the school eligible for pupil premium funding.
The Pupil Premium Group comprises:
|Year Group||Number of Students|
Pupil Premium Funded Activities
Pupil premium students across all year groups are engaged in premium pupil funded or part-funded activities relevant to their specific needs and circumstances, and, indeed, may participate or in several of the following programmes:
- Enhanced groupings in English, Maths and Science
- Access to out of school learning resources e.g. MyMaths, Tassomai, Bedrock Literacy
- Off-site revision or booster sessions organised or supported by the school: Maths / English Boot Camp, Securing Success Days, attendance at the ‘Doctors’ show.
- Inclusion and funding into all school trips, visits and extra curricular activities
- Enhanced provision / wider access to learning support provided by the school’s Skills Centre and the POD (including Literacy, Social and Emotional support)
- Access to funding for musical and sporting pursuits, talents and skills
- Sixth Form Mentoring Programme
- Progress Support: homework club, monitoring and parental contact / support.
- Breakfast Club – healthy start, social and emotional support.
- Extra-curricular activities: additional or specialized music teaching; Wednesday Club and sporting activities, participation in Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, World Challenge.
- Enrichment activities: financial support for group and individual visits to Drama performances; field visits, Lessons from Auschwitz Project etc.
- Attendance at HE access activities provided by local universities and colleges (UEA, UCS, University of Essex) for Y10 and Y11 students; Oxford Masterclass for KS5
Impact of Pupil Premium Funded Activities
- Academic achievement in English and Maths
- High or improved levels of attendance amongst all students
- Positive attitudes towards school and work
- Good and improving behaviour
- Maintaining high levels of inclusion
- Academic achievement at Key Stage 5
- Increased cultural capital to broaden knowledge and horizons
What is Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
Please click on the link below for our Pupil Premium information for 2016-17